My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 18 March 2013

PSC Sdkfz 251/D - and a little story.

Hi everyone.

A quiet and tranquil landscape in Normandy...
but, wait a minute, we are in 1944, and the month is June...

As you see, these German soldiers are pinned. A British HMG is being located on top of the hill in front of them and they cannot move. Not without help at least. Fortunately, a radio man is with them and after his NCO order, he has requested for support.

The support makes its appearance....

The British Vickers MG now has an equal match. 

And with some mortar help...everything gets easier.

Kommen auf Kameraden!

The hill is in German hands now. They won the day. The British should come up with a different plan to re occupy it. 

Below you will see some photos of the finished Sdkfz 251/D's. Nice, sweeeet models, both in terms of assembly and in painting (note: the camo effect was made with my personal stencil method - not by an airbrush - much easier and cleaner, and budget friendly). The models come with all sorts of goodies (accessories etc.), which help you personalize each and every one of them. 



I hope you like them!
Have a great Monday night everyone! :-)

P.S: PSC Universal Carriers will be next. ;-)

25 comments:

  1. Hi, Mr. T. Hope you rested well. Very nicely presented troops and action shots. Your work on the figures and vehicles really shows in the pictures. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them... they are of course one of my favourite vehicles of WW2, and its always great to see a few more painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moels, great photos, super photo batrep. Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now starting to learn about photoshop Irqan...things will improve. :)

      Delete
  4. Those are very smart Thanos, especially like the firing effects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan Fran, small stories full of action!

      Delete
  5. Sweet looking rides and some great shots Thanos. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you can do with a phone's camera and Photoshop! Thanks Paul! :)

      Delete
  6. Great job on the 251's T.
    I liked the story and the special effects, reminds me of those Commando war comics I used to read as a lad, lots of action- you just need to give them names like Fritz and Hans and perhaps some speech bubbles saying "Achtung!" "Schnell!" and "Die Britischer Scweinhund!"- the British Vickers team could be saying "Cop that sausage munchers!"....I'm sure you get the idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give me ideas...you give me ideas John...I might not be able to resist to your suggestion. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! Well, my secret resolution for the New Year was to copy at least six things that you do on this blog for my own games and that stencil method just made the top of the list. Any chance of a tutorial on how you do it?

    Cheers/Thomas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thomas. I am planning to buy some Horch trucks, and I will make a special post of their painting method (with the stencil). :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! Looking forward to that!

      Delete
  8. Great looking vehicles and very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to present your models; Your miniature photography is excellent!

    I would be interested to know more about your 'stencil method' for that camouflage. It looks great and just the thing for the panzers I'm about to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alan. I must find some time to go and get two Horch truck models, to paint them with this method, and post it as a tutorial in the blog for you. Give me some time, and I'll deliver! :)

      Delete
  10. Excellent work from an excellent crafsman Thanos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice miniatures and a very nice way to present them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    my weblog: article source

    ReplyDelete